Old June 13th 05, 05:12 AM
Arif Khokar

Pat O'Connell wrote:

> Arif Khokar wrote:

>> A good driver knows how fast he's able to take a curve without the
>> need of an advisory limit. All he needs to know is that there's a
>> curve ahead and that it is constant radius.

> AFAIK ramps are never marked as "constant radius."

They don't have to be marked constant radius. Non-constant radius
curves on ramps and highways are not frequently encountered and should
be noted through yellow diamond signage.

>> The last thing I'll look at while in a curve is what my speedometer says.

> It's your funeral.

So you're saying that I should ignore what's ahead of me in the curve as
well as not pay attention to traffic on the road I'm planning to merge
on and just look at my speedometer then? My experience tells me
otherwise. I've also read that braking while in a curve is a good way
to lose control one's vehicle. IOW, one should slow down before
actually getting into the curve.

When I'm paying attention to the road, I adjust my speed as appropriate
without the assistance of the speedometer (which I really only look at
when my RD goes off).