Old December 24th 04, 07:34 PM
NMan

In article >,
says...
> Anybody have experience with these decapitators? Mine on the driver side
> requires a jiggle and a tug to get it going - sounds like a lube problem,
> but where?, there isn't much written about them.
> any help appreciated,
> thanks jon

Sorry to say, but mine have given me no trouble concerning jiggles and
tugs to get them going. Sounds like the locking mechanisms might be
broken and causing the hangs. Other than the motors getting slower each
year, the seat belts haven't been much trouble.
How many miles on yours? I've got 230,000 miles on mine and it doesn't
seem to want to quit. Other than a blown head gasket and a valve job,
the motor has been a jewel. I'm sure the bottom end could use a ring job
and new bearings, but I'm gonna run it until it dies, and THEN I still
might throw another motor into it. I still get a combined city/hwy of
27-29 MPG. Can't beat that.

Here's a pic of my '90 MX-6.

Steve