Old April 2nd 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default How do you store your hard top?

Here is a link to a couple photos of how we store our top. Took it off
yesterday (yayyyyyyyy, snows gone). I get on one side, son gets on the
other and we just lift it off the Jeep and set it on this rack for storage.
They aren't that heavy, just awkward. I'll cover it with a tarp for the
summer. One photo shows the inside of the rack has a small block at the
back edge, this keeps the top resting on the mounting flange instead of the
bottom (fragile?) edge. Cost about $15 or $20 to make. All 2x3's and 1x3's.
Maybe use pressure treated where it sits on the ground. Hope this helps.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/0870d552.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/8baefeaf.jpg

Les