Old August 6th 05, 09:08 PM
jim beam

TomP wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>

>>TomP wrote:
>>
>>>Interesting, I was told the '90 Integra bushings were a ******* size all unto
>>>themselves...

>>not sure if there's anything different about the 90 specifically, but
>>for all others, i can confirm that they're not. i have civic and
>>integra bushings and they're identical sizes.
>>

> I have not actually measured the bushing diameter (or other dimensions for
> that matter), of the trailing arms. But for sure the part numbers for the trailing
> arm assemblies are different between '90 and '91. And, as I said before; I was
> told the bushing diameters are the difference.
>
> Anyone know this for sure?

i doubt it's a size difference, but i /do/ know there is a configuration
difference between civic & integra, and between different years on
civic. the original old civics had "thin" member top & bottom, & a
largeish "padded gap" front & rear. later civics have much thicker
rubber top & bottom & much less of a gap front & rear. some integras
have bushings with metal inserts embedded in the gapped area padding.

i sent tegger some pics of some old style 89 civic & some 97 integra
bushings. we should collect this info & correlate it to part #'s
because this bushing is probably the most handling critical component on
the whole vehicle in any of these series civic & integra and it would be
good to know the options on what's available.