Old October 21st 04, 11:52 PM
George Grapman

Tell them they have 5 business days to get a check to you or you will
file a complaint with the DMV. Most DMV offices have an enforcement
division. It is usually hidden in the back or upstairs but anyone can
direct you there.
A number of years ago I made deposit with a Honda dealer with a set
date for delivery (the day after the next ship was arriving). Another
Honda dealer that I had visited called me to ask if I had made a
purchase yet. When I told him the details he said that the next ship was
not due until two days after I was supposed to get my car. When i
determined this was true and found a better and more immediate deal from
this dealer I called the first place to cancel the deal.
Promises and excuses followed. the sales rep who sold me my car made
the DMV suggestion. Two days after I filed the complaint a refund arrived.