Old July 3rd 05, 10:31 AM
Bodhran

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:34:23 -0400, "CanadianCray" >
wrote:

>The thermal switch for the windows is usually inside the motor itself. Also
>while you have the door panel off I would check the wires at the door hinge.
>I have seen the break in the tube going from the door to the body & short
>together.

Checked the tubes from the doors and low and behold - the drivers side
speaker wires are all cut but not the motor/switch wires.
All the wires for the switches/motors in the back doors have been cut
and taped up? The plugs for the motors weren't even plugged in?

On a previous golf I had which had manual windows the cables had
frayed on the window regulators making it very difficult for the
windows to open. On the golf I have now the driver door motor makes a
noise when you press the switch. Could it be like my old manual in
that the motor is trying to lower the regulator but the cable is
knackered and the noise is the motor struggling to turn? Therefore
needing a new regulator and not a motor?

I've not had this golf long and don't want to start getting parts till
I know for sure what parts I actually need. The manual isn't much help
on this.

thanks for your help