Old March 15th 05, 12:26 AM
Kruse

Don Stauffer in Minneapolis wrote:
> The local Auto Show features several new hybrids.
>
> However, they seem to be hybrids almost in name only. One has a big

250
> hp V6, and a dinky little 18 hp electric. A good indication that

they
> don't "get it" is that it gets better milage on highway than in town,

> opposite a good hybrid like the Prius.
>
> I get the feeling these cars are hybrids only as a marketing feature,

> help folks who want a little bit of green be attracted to them.
>
> It is not just Detroit. Several of these pseudo-hybrids are from

Japan.

I can't comment on any hybrid except the Ford Escape Hybrid. AND, this
is not a plug or a bash for it as only time will tell if they are here
to stay or a
flash-in-the-pan gimmick.
However, it has an EPA rating of higher mileage in the city versus the
highway.
BTW, a "domestic" hybrid will have a large percentage of parts made in
Japan.

Post some specifics........