Old January 25th 05, 09:18 PM
Lordy

Conor > wrote in
:

>> Problem is the car has already been towed to my local garage so I'll
>> have to get a break down in labour costs from them I guess? Otherwise
>> towing costs may cancel out any savings looking elsewhere.
>>

> You need to clarify.
>
> By diff do you mean a complete unit or do you mean a crown and pinion
> set? The first is an hour, the second can be several hours.

I think its the complete unit. The breakdown of work for the 225+vat labour
(5 hours at 45+vat ph) was to remove the prop shaft, drive shaft , axle
(presumably CV), sawp out diff, and then put it all back together again.

They seemed to take a while to work out a quote which I assume means they
dont usually do this kind of thing? Other garages with cheaper quotes
virtually gave me the quotes before I could finish asking the question.

I guess its one of those jobs that take much longer if you're not used to
doing it?

--
Lordy