Old January 13th 05, 05:33 PM
Brent P

In article .com>, wrote:
>> And every last one these drivers in the left lane causing the clump thinks,
>> 'if someone wants to pass, they can pass me on the right'.

> And every last one of those drivers in the right lane causing the clump
> thinks, 'if someone wants to pass, the can pass me on the left', which
> was equally untrue.

You don't seem to understand what the convention is.

> So, other than being blatently wrong (again - people were driving _next
> to_ each other, so there wasn't going to be anyone passing anyone),
> what's _your_ point?

The rule is keep right except to pass. That's how it works. That is the
convention that trumps your weaving through traffic nonsense. And that's
what passing traffic would have to do if they weren't next to each other,
weave through. Keep right except to pass allows for a smooth traffic
flow without such weaving nonsense.