Old November 3rd 04, 07:43 PM
Empty3

"John Smith" > wrote in message
> Are the injectors leaking? Check them with a fuel pressure gauge. Cost
> about $35 dollars at the part store. It is probably not the injectors.

I don't believe they are leaking, but its going to another shop tomorrow
morning.

> Have you done a tune up? Change the plugs, cap, rotor and wires. Buy
> Berrymans B12 injector cleaner and fill up the tank with high test.
> Also, change the PCV valve. Also, change the fuel filter and air
> filter. Now, take the car out for a banzai run and blow the carbon out
> of it. With the car hot, like right after you have run it go back and
> get the smog guy to check it again. You should pass. This assumes you
> do not have any codes set and the electronics are working correctly.

Not really had a tune up, but did change out the distributor system and
wires.
I'm looking to do a fuel injection cleaning first and try everything else
you just
mentioned (though car is running smooth).

Thanks!

> Empty3 wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I had posted that my 90 Vette failed emissions (freaking Houston), and

it
> > all points to one fuel injector.
> > The question is, should I go ahead a replace all injectors since the top

of
> > the engine will be torn apart and
> > I'll get hit with $500 in labor (no matter what).
> >
> > I'm thinking yes, but am also miffed about the cost of the injectors

(about
> > $100 each, does this sound right?).
> > Total estimated cost 500 labor, 800 injectors and about 50 (for gaskets

and