Old March 3rd 05, 04:52 AM
Bernard farquart

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
news
>>The output may stay the same, but if you get in the
>>correct lane, and prepare for the exit, and ten cars
>>pull in late, at the end of the lane, you are effectively
>>pushed back ten spots.

> Yes. So don't be a chump. Form two lines. Then you'll have half the
> backup length and the same flow, and it will be impossible to pull in
> late.

Then you are the one cutting into the exit lane at the last moment,
and you are the asshole.There are not TWO equally valid lanes in this
instance, there is a through lane, and an exit lane, the right lane is for
traffic
going on to Columbia ave. the left lane is for traffic getting on the
freeway.

> (not in the situation Scott's article had, though -- that was one
> where the two lanes ran parallel but went different directions, and
> people were cutting from one to the other after the division point.

that is my point, I said I had driven *that* intersection.

Bernard