Old March 2nd 05, 03:25 PM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >, "gixer" >
> wrote:
>

>>It's not as though you can hear the radio anyway through those bloody ear
>>plugs.
>>

> Heh, good one, Mark. But not true--my earplugs filter out most of the
> bass and roll off the top end (as designed), but it's actually easier to
> hear the lyrics, and I don't have to crank up the volume, either.
>
> But in general, only my wife uses the radio. There's nothing on it
> anymore that I want to hear. OTOH, I can listen to my loud FM Duals all
> day...and do.
>
> I don't even know if the cassette player works--in 8 years, it's never
> been used.

I agree that there is not much on the radio that I want to listen to
anymore, but I want my stereo/CD player/possibly MP3 player. No thanks
on the cassette player.

My exhaust is also pleasing to hear, somewhat quieted by the turbo but
still plenty loud at 3 inches all the way back including the cat.
Sometimes I turn the stereo on, sometimes I leave it off, the option is
nice. I drove a car alone with a broken stereo on a 400 mile trip and
found it to be a less pleasant drive than if it had worked. To each
their own, I was just pointing out that most people want a stereo so
that they can listen to more than just their exhaust note, no matter
what it sounds like.
I am sure that a poll would agree with this, otherwise we would see
posts about people taking out their radios, complaining about the
automatic feature that they are in a miata, etc., instead of asking how
to fix and replace them.

Pat