Old July 20th 05, 10:44 PM
John, UK.

Hi Stu,
When the light is dim and the other is normal it could be the earth to
the bulb, I had trouble for months with the rear fog warning of bulb
failure, then every time I got out to check, it was ok. It turned out
to be the earth termial in the bulb holder, making and breaking contact
with the bulb with the smallest of vibration. After bending it very
slightly it was cured and no more bother. to check the earth, get a bit
of wire, and with the break pedal pressed connect to a good clean earth
point then touch the other end onto the side of the bulb itself, [WHILE
STILL IN THE HOLDER] it should go bright, if not you may have to get
the wiring checked by an auto electrician.
John, UK.