Old September 3rd 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Default Check this out...

Villanova wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:49:28 -0500, "PlowBoy" >
> wrote:
>
>> Not ready to game monitor, or is it?
>>
>> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ers-196974.php
>>
>> I know there are guys who used to post here, have money to burn, sure hope
>> they try it and post back <G>
>>

> Track IR does a better job for games, for nearly $9000 less.

I don't agree it does a better job, but certainly better value!

The advantage of three screen gaming is it allows you to look left and
right whilst still retaining your peripheral view straight ahead as in
real life. Similarly it allows the right and left views to sit in your
peripheral vision.

I am sure it varies from person to person but I simply can't cope with
any form of variable view in front of me - including look to apex type
views. I need the real life fixed view of straight ahead and then the
ability to have additional rather than alternative views right and left.

I guess it maybe because I have been sim racing for over 15 years and
you know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks...

Cheers
Tony