Old March 15th 06, 04:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 156 electrics - sense of humour required

After a lengthy period without any problems, my 156 decided to play up
yesterday : the central locking wouldn't work (not by pressing the key fob,
not by inserting the key in a lock, nothing, nada, zilch). I tried many
times, but nothing.

I grew used to the (un-pleasant) idea of a visit to the local expert , or
(even worse) to an approved dealer.

Anyway, I kept trying, open each door / close each door / open and close the
boot, and guess what - eventually the central locking sprang into life !

The best is yet to come :

When I lock the car now, after the obligatory many twinkles of the alarm LED
on the dash-board (before settling into a gentle blink), the car gives a
solitary and majestic "beep". It has never done this in nearly eight years
(10 beeps when you unlock, yes, but silence when you lock).

Ah well, at least the locking works now.

Dave S... 156 2.0 SP2 '98 :>))