Old April 16th 04, 01:49 PM
WHL

thermostat change - radiators don't usually shut down unless some serious
clogging occurs. If that happens then you have other problems as well. If
your radiator fan is not working your problem is there. make sure it comes
on. turn on the air conditioner (if equipped) and the fan should come on
immediately.

"Curley" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> My mother has a Dodge Stratus, 1996; and very occasionally, the radiator
> shuts down, and the car starts to over heat. Open up the radiator cap and
> you can see the steam, but the radiator's plastic container which is on

the
> side of the vehicle is full of that green liquid, and all the hoses are
> connected. Shouldn't the radiator suck the liquid back into the radiotor
> when it is low? Do we just keep re-filling the radiator? Is there

something