Old July 21st 05, 05:52 PM
Speedy Jim

Fish wrote:
> Ok, let me try to explain this.
> With the headlights off, the left turn signal works fine both front and
> back. The flasher sounds normal and the signal indicator on the dash
> works fine. The right turn signal works front and back for one flash
> and than the front signal light gets weaker but continues to flash. The
> flasher sounds normal for one flash and than weakens. The signal
> indicator on the dash flashes once and goes out in time with the
> reduced flasher sound. Now turn on the headlights - There is a front
> passenger parking light (seems to bright), no passenger rear parking
> light. No drivers front parking light, but the drivers rear parking
> light works. The left turn signal works both front and back, the
> flasher sounds normal and the dash indicator works about every other
> flash. The right front turn signal does not work, but the parking light
> remains on. The right rear turn signal works, but the parking light
> does not come on.
>
> Other items to note: The emergency flashers work. The license plate
> light does not come on and the reverse lights do not work. All fuses
> are good. The right front passengers signal light is caroded but
> appears to be functional. The lights are stuck on btight, but I think
> that is a signal switch problem.
>
> Any ideas what to check??
> The front signal lights have a tab on the back of the socket. Should
> that be connected to anything?

I would have to sit down at car with voltmeter in hand,
but offhand most of these sound like grounding problems.

Up front, there is a Brw ground wire from the headlights
and from the signal lights. They attach inside the Bus
above your feet. If making poor contact (either there
or at the socket) the funny things you describe will happen.

Go over the grounds both frt and rear first. That should
sort some of the problems and make it a little easier to go on.

--

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/