Old July 5th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
[email protected]

Default 156 Sportwagon Stereo Help

Hi Aslan,

The original stereo is a Blaupunkt I believe, my car came with an
aftermarket Blaupunkt navigation head unit but the steering controls
weren't working (though the speakers and amp were).

Having been round the back of head unit the standard connector was
plugged into the replacement head unit, no adapter required. Mines a
2003 GTA Sportwagon if that helps any.

The steering controls were fixed by getting an adapter cable from
Blaupunkt (via www.bluespot.co.uk) which came in two parts. One section
had jumpers that needed setting to the model of the stereo. The other
was specifc to the car. Plug one into the other and the ends into the
head unit/original steering controls and all was well.

The guys at the Blaupunkt technical line were mighty helpful too, they
gave me the part numbers to order.

Cheers,

Gary