Old May 7th 05, 04:51 AM
ilambert

Tire pressures on race car are important for performance reasons.Inflation
affects slip angles,stagger,rolling resistance as well as traction in both
planes.Street tires have a max inflation figure(measured cold) than is well
on the safe side.Even exceding this by 10 or 15 # won't lead to catastrophic
failure(but don't try this at home).More dangerous is underinflation on a
heavy vehicle.This causes heat and belt seperation(remember Firestone/SUV
problems?