Old January 23rd 05, 05:18 AM
Scott Ehardt

> wrote in message
> And if it had been front wheel drive?

Isn't more braking power put to the front wheels of a car due to the weight
distribution properties during stoping? I don't know the ratios, though.

> That's the rub with many of todays high powered vehicles. You have
> antilock brakes that are made as small as they can get away with to
> keep the weight down (and since they have antilock, it is hard to
> overwork them anyway)

How do you figure? Antilock does not help with heat tolerance or
dissipation.

> and now we have cars with more horsepower than
> the old muscle cars. The power brakes are engine vacuum operated, and
> the vacuum goes for a dump when the engine is under load.

Yes, but you should still have pressure for at least a couple brake presses
stored up in the system - same as if the engine stops while driving.

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com