Old September 1st 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
gpsman

Default Replacing front tires

Wally wrote: <brevity snip>

> Question I have is that the tread toward the inside of the tire on both
> the front tires is worn down more than the outside part of the tread.
> What does this signify and what do I need to have adjusted when I bring
> the car in to replace the tires?

This is a FWD vehicle, I assume...

It probably signifies you need an alignment, at least, and new steering
and/or suspension parts, at worst. Check out this page on alignment
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

If you don't know what all that means, or what needs adjusting, you're
best off having a reputable facility tell you.

> Also, I do not want to spend the extra $ on new Aquatreds so what is a
> decent tire/brand that I can put on the front axle given the rear axle
> still has Aquatreds?

Probably any same size/compound (mileage rated) tire will work fine.
Go to the local GY dealer and ask them, is what I would do.
-----

- gpsman