Old December 23rd 04, 08:36 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/maint/external_survey/

> Thanks, I told them congestion is priority 1 and they should stop wasting
> our gas-tax and car-tax on public transportation that nobody uses and start
> building more freeways. They've got 30 years of catching up to do.

Nobody uses public transportation because it can't be used. Maps are
confusing or even missing, some areas don't have parking, bicycle
capacity is very limited, and some areas lack sidewalks and bike lanes
for traveling the last mile.

I'd like to bicycle to work but I'd have to travel through areas of
congested and dangerous detours that have existed for years. There must
be an inside joke about ensuring that all Hwy 101 projects are completed
five years after they no longer meet capacity needs. Years of detours
for a minor upgrade is worse than never touching the road to start with.