Old December 6th 04, 07:28 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Big Bill" > wrote in message
>>Are you sure? what exactly do you think happened to all those
>>guns? Were they thrown out? You just couldn't buy a *new*
>>one for awhile, but you certainly could still buy them. or you could buy
>>the
>>new version without the flash supressor, or with an attached
>>magazine.

> And if I don't want to buy used?
> And if I wanted the one with a flash suppressor and removable
> magazine?
> Or bayonet lug?
> Are you actually trying to say the so-called assault weapon ban wasn't
> there?

Nope, just didn't really stop anything from being sold or purchased.
You could still go buy an UZI, they just weren't being imported.

I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
deal.

It was all *marketing* (on both sides)

>>The only laws being passed that have any real bearing
>>on your gun rights are the local/state ones. I live in
>>a "shall issue" state with regards to CW permits, so
>>I don't really feel to threatened. If I lived in NY I
>>would only be talking about gun rights in a historical
>>theoretical way.

> See the so-called assault weapon ban.
> As for not feeling threatened, it's obvious you need to thank a lot of
> people who *do* see their rights threatened.

>>> Consider who wants to change that.
>>>>

>>No one in my state has been tring to
>>do so, and we have not seen a Republican
>>govenor in twenty years, I object to the
>>"democrats want to take your guns away"
>>BS I keep hearing. I am one. I don't want
>>to take your guns away, get it?

> Thank you.
> Now, if you could talk to Schumer (he's from New York, ISTR) and get
> him to stop his attempts to end your rights, I'd appreciate it.

Is he going to actually take your guns away?

Is he going to change the state constitution in WA?

I doubt either.

..

> The vast majority of gun grabbers (attempted or actual) are Dems.

I do not see any running and winning on a gun control agenda,
who am I missing?