Old May 28th 05, 07:18 PM
The Joneses

Kevin Holzer wrote:

> Hey there, does anyone where one can purchase balljoints that have zerks
> on them? Is such thing in existance?
> Would this (
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38335 )
> work for pressing in balljoints? Anyone have any experience with this
> specific tool or this type of tool (the C-Clamp type)? I figure if it
> costs 30$ to get ONE pressed in (as I was quoted...ridiculous), I'd
> rather do it myself and save some money. I've heard about using bottle
> jacks, but I can't weld and thus couldn't make myself a frame.
> Suggestions would be great -- I don't want to **** my cash into someone
> else's wallet...
> -Kevin

Kevin,
Don't buy the tool. I did and then found out that the "cups" are not the
correct size. Find a cheaper machine shop. BTW, I installed zerks on all
the front end components myself. Before they are installed, drill a proper
hole, tap it and screw the fittings in. Can give you more detailed
instructions off NG.

El Paso Bob
71 Std 1776 Baja