Old February 14th 04, 03:03 PM
Elbert

look in places like Jegs or Summit racing for electric fans.

I'm pretty sure both have some kits for installing electric fans.
you want to have one or two fans that are mounted to the rear of the
raidiator and that pull air through the radiatior, and that are
operated off a tempature switch.

Do not remove the thermstat... a larger radiator is always a plus.
go talk to the local radiatior shop in your area about what is
avaliable.

the simple ufront fix is to replace the fan clutch. If you have some
mechanical experience or have some frriends who can help then
the electric fan setup is another choice.

IF you go with electric fans then get one or two fans that will cover
the maximum area of the rear of the radiiator.

Elbert

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:34:52 +0100, "Zenteren"
> wrote:

>What type of electric fan is best to use on suzuki with small or no
>modifications at all on radiator or other mounts? I checked all suzuki
>off-road shops for electric fan and I didn't find anything and anybody who
>put electric fan on their rig. I don't know what are they doing to cool
>their engines down.
>Would it help if I pulls out Thermostat valve out? Or maybe put only larger
>radiator? Please, help!
>

>"Zenteren" > wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have suzuki samurai 1.3 liter engine with viscous clutch cooling fan, it
>> is wear out and cannot spin fan fast enough to cool the engine. I'm

>thinking
>> to get out clutch system and make an adapter to connect pulley and fan
>> directly to each other. My fan is connected to the water pump pulley.
>> How will this modification work? Is it going to wear faster water pump
>> bearings, and would my engine lost some power, if do what is the best
>> solution to make it cooling better my engine???

----
Elbert Clarke

remove ** to email