Old July 21st 05, 05:50 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I expect you are right.

Clarkson's sidekicks really are his poodles, whereas the previous members of
the team (Tiff N incl) showed their own 'oomph'.

Still, I quite like JC's humour and style most of the time, as long as he
sticks to motoring. In The Sunday Times News Review section he has a more
general column and I don't find myself reading that every week.

I think Top Gear attracts good guests and cars because it is the BBC. Even
my 8-yr-old son is hooked on it and he is amused by the occasional refs to
kids being allowed to stay up and watch (as it is around his bed time).

DAS

---

"Peter Bozz" > wrote in message
[...]
> I can only assume it's because Tiff refused to submit to
> Jeremy's fascist manner of running the show. Tiff didn't want to
> be Jeremy's hand puppet (anymore?).

{...]