Old January 23rd 05, 12:08 AM
Craig Faison

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Darren Dunham wrote:

> Then not only did it suddenly develop bouts of "sluggishness" (poor
> accelleration, rougher idle), the cruise control doesn't work.
>
> While I wait for the service appointment, does this sound like anything
> in particular? I was a bit surprised that they both went out at about
> the same time.

Check to see if your rear brake lights are working. The brake light switch
went in our '02 Jetta wagon recently (and as it turns out there was a
recall but we hadn't gotten a notice) and the cruise not functioning is
what clued me into a problem in the first place.

As you can imagine, you really don't want to be driving around with no
brake lights.

Craig