Old October 12th 04, 03:20 AM
Rob Guenther

Default I think I saw a Golf V in Ontario

Was driving along Highway 400 in Ontario and in the opposite flow of traffic
I saw a Golf with grey mouldings (dark grey on a silver car) on the bumpers
and door panels, the mouldings were larger then the (body coloured anyways)
A4 style ones... and the headlights looked a little different... couldn't
really catch the tail lights (traffic got in the way, and I was doing 120kph
in one direction, while he was going ~100+ in the other direction).... The
kicker - it had a RED liscence plate on it - These are government plates in
Canada... I've seen German envoys in Ottawa in G320's with the red
plates.... a car that wasn't imported over here for sure... I'm thinking it
was some european diplomat or whatnot going for a drive or something.

Another note - there was no DTRL's running on this car, all Golf's sold in
Canada have them...

Think it's possible I saw a Golf V, anyone from Europe who's seen one, what
do the mouldings on the body look like?