Old June 3rd 05, 05:01 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 6/2/2005 8:00 PM, Alias wrote:

> Ok, so jerkweed (AKA )has been added to the IGNORE
> list, so will I won't even see their replies from now on.

Except that it changes it's e-mail address almost on a daily basis... A
minor annoyance, but don't let it get your dander up. You've got the
right idea: Just ignore it.

> Now, are there any responses from some of the LEGITIMATE members?

Sure thing, down below:

> Hey all,
>
> It has been a couple of years since I last lurked/posted here. WHAT THE
> HELL HAPPENED? I see all of these flame wars going back and forth. The
> tone of this place has drastically changed. It was very friendly before
> (this was just after the time that Don Manning got into it with some of
> the members here; Remember TtT?), and now RAMFM seems quite agro.

We have gone through a bit of a shift in the past year or so where many
of the "old guard" of RAMFM either got busy with life or were repelled
by a relatively sudden influx of trolls. There is still a lot of good
information here, you just might have to put on some hip waders to get
to it.

> Apparently I missed something. Is Jim Warman still around?

Yep, very much so.

> I am
> reasonably sure that Bill S. is still around, so I won't even ask.

Well, he's still fairly active, just not in RAMFM. He's gone to the dark
side, and will only come out to play with the rest of the ThunderSnakes now.
Long story short, see
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...29498f1a0906d5

> Cheers Bill! I think I also saw some posts by the old ThunderSnake, so
> Hey!
>
> Well, things went south for the old red 67 coupe. She snapped the crank
> off at the front main seal on the way to work (NO, I wasn't racing).

"TIWMMYOB." Ouch!

> She's been under a car cover since. I finally came across some loot, so
> I am building her up. The engine is complete and I just had Maier
> Racing sub frame connectors welded up today. Then I had her dropped off
> at a shop that will be installing the BRAND NEW drive train, as well as
> a few other components.
>
> I will be building a website with pix soon, so I'll post a link.

Sounds like fun, that's for sure. I'd love to see some pics.

> Anyway, I hope it gets a bit more friendly around here.

It's still friendly, if you ignore the trolls...

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |