Old November 29th 04, 03:00 AM
Kristine Little

(Chuck Aydlette) wrote in message >...
> My 2 month old MS Miata was sandwiched between a Blazer and F150 while
> sitting in traffic. The truck slammed my rear and pushed me into the
> rear of the Blazer. No injuries, the truck's airbags deployed and
> mine did not. Is it possible to get paid for depreciation above the
> cost of repairs? It goes to the adjuster Tuesday. I'm going to talk
> to my dealer today and see what they say. I just want to be armed
> with as much info as I can. Geez, I loved that car. Les B. 8^(
> Formerly '99 Blue, now wrinkled '04 Titanium MS

I am so sorry to hear of your Miata woes! My first Miata, a '93
white, got smushed with a T-bone accident (my fault, couldn't see
above stopped traffic). I didn't fight the the Insurance agency.
They originally wrote me up at 2.5K repairs but total "fix" was at
$8K. (ouch!). Car ran fine after fixes so no worries there (except
irritation. I know!). Sounds like you want additional payback beyond
the fix? Not sure if that will happen but fight for anything you may
deserve. Insurance companies are a boatload of not-so-brights. Best
of luck to ya!!! Anyhow, I'm sitting pretty with my third, paid-off
('01 Silver LS with hot wheels in Austin)Miata so am praying no one
runs into me anytime soon.

All the best,

Kris