Old August 17th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Default Trash Talking Before The Rumble

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> On 16 Aug 2006 18:27:51 -0700, puked:
>

> >To set the scene, the Chrysler Group was hosting a media event in front
> >of Duggan's Irish Pub in Royal Oak. The automaker was showing off its
> >Dodge Challenger concept muscle car and the 1970 Challenger that
> >inspired it.
> >
> >Without warning, a Chevrolet car hauler embossed with a massive bowtie
> >logo and carrying two Camaros -- the 2006 concept car and a 1969
> >classic -- came rolling by, turning the head of media members.
> >
> >Jason Vines, Chrysler's top PR official, took the slow-speed Camaro
> >drive-by as an invitation for a Dream Cruise rumble.
> >
> >He (jokingly) called it a "wuss" move to haul the Camaros in a trailer
> >rather than driving the vehicles by Duggan's.

> I agree here. Are the concept cars functional or mock ups? They
> should have driven by and laid a pair of thirty foot strips of
> rubber...

Considering the Challenger is a rebody of an existing two ton four door
and the Camaro is an all-new purpose built platform, the fact that the
Challenger is more street ready than the Camaro as of August '06 is
pretty meaningless. But you gotta love the silliness of it. Just like
the old days. Those old muscle cars are goofy-ass things, but back in
the '60s', before so many got their carrots permanently installed in
their butts, everyone loved them.

180 Out