Old July 29th 04, 07:04 PM
Dr Entropy

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:03:13 +0100, (SteveH) pee'd inna snow, the following:

Xr Entropy > wrote:
X:
X:> > Always found the MG to be too much like sitting in a Rover hatchback
X:> > rather than being in a sportscar.
X:>
X:> Too bad we aren't on the same continent, Steve. My MGB has been "modified"
X:> i.e. cammed, and Weber'd up... I'd like to take you for a short run in it
X:> and dispell that awful Rover feeling ;-}
X:
X:It's not the engine, the VVC lump is lovely.
X:
X:It's the whole feeling.
X:
X:Oh, I've just noticed, you said MG*B*, not MG*F*.
X:
X:Big, big, difference.

yes. This '65 'B' is quick, nimble and has plenty of power.

<IMHO>

Too bad the last decade of production they were emasculated by politically correct motives. The
new ones are like every other new car: BORINGLY predictable, no 'feel' to any of 'em! May as well
be driving ~insert Asian mfgr's name here~ sedans.

</ IMHO>

Dr E--
mhm 17x1

Linux: Load it, Learn it, Love it.