Old December 28th 04, 08:12 PM
John Bottonari

Default Hard-Shifting VR6 Jetta.

My 2000 VR6 Jetta has always ranged from difficult to impossible to shift
into second when it's cold--freezing or colder. Finally, last year, dealer
rebuilt transmission under 10/100,000 warranty: two new synchros, one new
gear, gaskets, etc. Was better at first, but is now, again, unusuable in
2nd until warmed-up. (I am a very "gentle" driver--no fast shifting or
burn-outs or heavy double-clutching.)

I can live with this--love the car--but I suspect it's a well-known issue,
since I've driven other vr6's with same problem, and previous service mgr.
claimed his car was the same way. I've reported problem mainly to preserve
the warranty in case there are collateral issues--don't want to hear that I
failed to bring malfunction to VW's attention.

Has anyone else a similar history? Thanks much for your attention.