Old July 3rd 05, 12:10 PM
PC Medic

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Boy did you miss my point. Isn't the dealer supposed to notify the
> company that the recall work has been performed? I had to sign a couple
> forms stating that it had been done.

I am quite aware of what your point was. I am also sure they did notify
them.
It is also the case that under 'safety' recalls *all* registered owners must
be notified and easier (and safer) to just send to all registered owners
than to try to compare the databases and figure who should and should not
get the notice.
Another thing to remember is that you say the work was done just 2months
prior to receiving the notice. Think of the time involved in preparing and
sending the notice to several hundred thousands of customers. Very possible
things just 'crossed in the mail' as they say.

In any case, making a big deal of nothing IMHO.