Old July 21st 05, 11:00 PM
DYM

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, DYM wrote:
>
>> You are very wrong in your assumptions about me. Where did I ever
>> indicate fleeing. I do feel that you are entitled to defend yourself.

> Which is all those persons did, defend themselves instead of running
> away.

Self defense is limited to when you (or someone else) are in immediate
danger. Once the kids started to run, what immediate danger were the car
guys in?

>> There is a big difference between defending yourself and taking
>> revenge.

> Someone fires explosives at your person. How is counter attacking
> taking revenge? Taking revenge is hunting them down a week later.
>
>> If the two in the car intended to just detain the kids until the
>> police arrived, they are with in their rights. You do not have the
>> right to pursue and exact your own revenge.

> What if detainment is fought?

Come on, you can detain a 12 year old boy with out beating the snot out
of him.

>> Do you think these kids thought they would be caught? Fear of being
>> caught didn't deter their criminal behaviour.

> Fear of their victims beating the snot out of them might.

It would never enter their heads.

>> It all comes down to knowing where that double yellow line is, and
>> choosing not to cross it.

> The only action you are offering the people in the car is fleeing and
> letting it go.

Again, where did I say anything about fleeing. I don't know where you get
that idea. You are reading WAY too much between the lines. If I were to
read between the lines of your post, I guess that you speak loudly can
carry a big stick and want to bully everybody around. But there is no
evidence to back that up so I won't say that.

Doug