Old May 20th 05, 09:55 PM
tricky

Hey Rich,
> On my way home I thought of your statement of using positive air flow and
> was wondering what you think of this:
>
> The following wouldn't work with a shop vac, but with a dust collector one
> has the option of having very fine filter bags.
> They are expensive but would trap all dirt and dust. One creates the same
> tent as described above but the dust collector is placed on the inside,
> creating a positive air pressure. The intake is going through some bulkhead
> to the outside, sucking in fresh air
>
> I might give it a whirl on my next spray project to see if that works even
> better..

I used to use the woodworking news group years ago. One of the tips I
remember was to use a paper air filter from a truck as a cheap option.
Just go to your local auto store and ask them what is the biggest filter
they can get !

Dont know what size particals it filters, but its on my list of things
to try some day !

You could use a shop vac in a box with a filtered air outlet perhaps ?
Depends how much air you need to shift I suppose .

Also, my dad had a car body repair shop when I was younger. I remember
he had a hot air blower to his spray boothe.

It blew hot filtered air in above the car and sucked through another
filter bellow the car. So the car was in kind of a clean air curtain.

That would take a bit more setting up though !

Rich