Old June 11th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Torque converter going bad?

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all:
>
> Veheicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 1995 "Straight V6"

There is no such thing as a "straight V6". You EITHER have a straight 6 or a
V6.

HINT
It is not a V6.

> Symtoms: I am driving and stopping at a red light, when the light turns
> green, I step
> on the gas, the engine would revs to between 3-4000 RPM
> for about 5 seconds
> and the car would lurch and act normally.
>
> The Firestone guy: Says that it is having problem shifting to third and
> it's hard shifting.
> He called his "buddy" but would not get
> him. He said the "Torque
> converter" is going bad. I also might need
> some trans work.
>
> Any advice?
>
> -J.

1 -- you need another shop.

2 -- you probably need to add fluid --at the very least -- or replace the
fluid you have (which is my advice).

I think your first course of action is to get your trans flushed out. I had
a transmission flush not long ago, the cost was $70, and it solved lots of
problems I was having.