Old January 29th 05, 05:25 PM

Default Best Windshield Wipers

Did a search on this topic and can't find any *good* current info (it's
all 1992 and previous). I will provide my opinion on this matter. I
currently use a pair of wipers blades I bought at Target (somewhere
around 1996 or 97). I have been using that same pair of wiper blades
ever since (today is Jan 29, 2004 just for your reference). I guess
that would give me a life of somewhere around 7 years. I think the type
I bought was by Anco. The packaging "guaranteed" they would last me the
life of the car (or something to that effect), I'm not really sure, all
I can remember is that it was a pretty bold guarantee and I wound up
paying $12 which to me was a huge sum of money just to pay for wiper
refills (2 pairs), but alas, I took the plunge. I have been very
impressed. Only the past 2 years have the wiper blades started to slip.
They aren't removing as much water as they used to, as the window still
has little teensy streaks left afterwards, but they still work. I
should just look for the second pair which is probably in my garage
someplace instead of shopping for a new one but it's so exciting
looking for new wiper blades!

As a side note, people seem to be recommending Bosch wipers (at least
the 1992 entries did). They also stated they had to replace them every
2 years or so. I don't consider 2 years to be a good life at all for
wiper blades. I need something that will last me at least 7 years like
my previous set.

Steven