Old November 16th 04, 08:31 PM
Tony Rickard

> Hopefully Alfa will eventually follow BMWs lead on adjustable headlamps
> and a whole host of other clever features that my wife was telling me
> will be standard on the Z4 she has just ordered such as headlamps that
> sense when it is dark and automatically turn on the sidelights and then
> go to dipped etc. as it gets darker.

I don't know, I was on a motorway in appalling conditions of rain and spray
and this "moron" suddenly came out of nowhere without lights on in the murk.
On popped his lights and I thought the penny had dropped, then off they
went, back on a few hundred yards later etc.

It was a range topping Merc, obviously with auto sensing lights. I know they
could be overidden but the more auto features you give people the less
likely they are to think they have a responsibility.