Old July 13th 05, 03:21 AM
jim beam

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:
>>>So in other words, if the temp. guage is in the red zone, and I'm
>>>stopped with engine running, and the cooling fan is not on, something
>>>is wrong?
>>>

>>Yes. Either you're not actually overheating, or you've got the usual
>>thermoswitch or relay problem:

> When I turn on the heat (to try to cool off the engine), the air
> coming out is so hot is almost burns. I'm overheating.
>
> Thanks, everyone, for your help.
>
> -Joel

with respect, you can't say that until you've tested the sensor circuit!
it's summer. the air /will/ be hot.

buy a $50 i.r. thermometer like tegger says, or test the sender circuit.
both are cheaper than taking the car to the shop and asking to be
fleeced, sorry, saying "my car's overheating". run through the proper
diagnostics that have been fed to you in this ridiculously over-long
thread. if you don't want to do any testing, just take it to the shop.