Old March 5th 05, 03:24 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Jay Honeck opined

> I figured I'd change the oil/filter right away -- but is there anything
> else involved with bringing a car out of winter storage?

Well... i'd like to suggest that you give it a couple good warmup cycles
first...

Any condensation isnt going to come out with the old oil. And there's not
likely to be enough to drop to the bottom of the pan

If it was ME, I'd change the oil just before storage, because used oil is
acidic. Then just fire it up and drive it 3000 or more come spring.

But, like everthing else, just my opinion