Old October 14th 04, 12:52 AM
James C. Reeves

"aaa" > wrote in message
| should the dealership instinctively look at the front IDENTICAL high
| failure rate differential such as for fluid check and other possible
| problems in a quick check without customer request ???
|
| Yes or No
|
| Dealer comments welcome

They are in there doing a specific repair to a specific component, NOT in there
to perform routing maintenance. So, I would say no. The assumption is that
the owner has already had the routine maintenance checks performed as
recommended...which would cover the fluid check, etc. on your list. I'm sure
the cost for the rear diff repair doesn't include maintenance checks on any
other part of the vehicle. But, that's just my opinion.