Old July 13th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default Headlight Problem 1991 Dodge Caravan, Relay?

Bob wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > 1991 Dodge Caravan, When I turn on the headlight switch, the running
> > lights come on but not the headlights, until I pull the turn indicator
> > up, and the high beams come on, but only if you hold it, and the lows
> > never come on. I described the problem to the auto parts store tech and
> >
> > he recommended that I get a headlight relay, looks like a 1 1/2-2 inch
> > aluminum cylinder with three prongs sticking out, and I don't even know
> >
> > where it goes. I'm used to working on my '64 Ford truck, much simpler.
> > Any ideas?-Jitney

> It sounds like he's describing a turn signal flasher.... Does it look like
> this? http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal2.htm

If the 1991 is like my 1993 (similiar body style), the light switch is
located to the left of the instrument cluster. There are three
switches. Top for headlamps, middle for park lamps, and the bottom is
for the 4-way flasher. Are these three switches part of one unit as
Glen describes? The turn signal switch only controls the front wipers
in addition to the turn signals.

-KM