Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sweller
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By sweller
Danbury Bay Water Tank Location

I've recently acquired a 1978 twin sliding door Danbury camper (a UK
converter); unfortunately it was broken into whilst it was stood and a
fair amount of the fittings were stolen.

Problem is I...
Forum: VW air cooled August 12th 06, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By sweller
CV Joint Torx Bolts

wrote:

> You need to get the proper 12-point tool. Autozone has them in a set of
> 4, or you can probably pick them up at sears as well.

Being in the UK we don't have those shops...
Forum: VW air cooled August 12th 06, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By sweller
CV Joint Torx Bolts

Karl wrote:

> > Have spent this afternoon struggling with the torx socket bolts on
> > the CV joints on my 1978 Bay. I have a good quality torx bit but
> > have stripped out the splined heads on...
Forum: VW air cooled August 11th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By sweller
CV Joint Torx Bolts

Have spent this afternoon struggling with the torx socket bolts on the CV
joints on my 1978 Bay. I have a good quality torx bit but have stripped
out the splined heads on the bolts.

I was lucky on...
Forum: VW air cooled August 7th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By sweller
Inlet Manifold Spigot - '78 1600 Bus

On my recently acquired UK spec '79 1600 bus I'm having a little problem
with idling - as in it won't.

Ignition all ok but I've noticed there's a spigot (about 2" long and 1/2"
dia) on the inlet...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5