Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mister.Lull
Forum: VW water cooled December 31st 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Power Lock Issue

On Dec 31, 2:39*am, "Erik Dillenkofer" >
wrote:
> With labor, the dealership charged me almost $350 to replace the driver's
> side front door latch.
>
> "LG" >...
Forum: VW water cooled December 30th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Power Lock Issue

On Dec 30, 2:02*pm, "Erik Dillenkofer" >
wrote:
> And they're not cheap, better be sitting down when you ask the price.
>
> "LG" > wrote in message

Forum: VW water cooled December 30th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Power Lock Issue

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted, I hope everyone is doing well!

I've been having an intermittent issue with the power locks on my 2000
Jetta GL. Specifically, both driver side...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 07, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Mister.Lull
Ah, the Stupid Mistakes We Make...

On Sep 22, 4:58 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> DEALER!
>
> "Matt B." > wrote in message

> > "Mister.Lull"...
Forum: VW water cooled September 21st 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Mister.Lull
Ah, the Stupid Mistakes We Make...

Hey All,

So apparently I hadn't had enough coffee before I went to the gas
station on my way to work this morning. I filled up, bought some
juice, cleaned my windshield and back window, put the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 14th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Coolant Leak

On Sep 13, 5:14 pm, wrote:
> Mr. L,
>
> I have a 2001 Jetta that was leaking coolant pretty badly (had to
> check it every time I drove the car) and just found out...
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Coolant Leak

On Sep 1, 6:45 am, mpberti > wrote:
> Mister.Lull wrote:
> > Hello All,
>
> > As the subject line says, I have a 2000 Jetta GL - apparently with a
> > coolant leak. It's not a bad...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Coolant Leak

On Aug 28, 5:47 pm, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" >
wrote:
> you didn't say how many miles on the car, but most leaks have been coolant
> hoses, waterpump, coolant outlets on the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 28th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Mister.Lull
2000 Jetta GL - Coolant Leak

Hello All,

As the subject line says, I have a 2000 Jetta GL - apparently with a
coolant leak. It's not a bad one, I've had the coolant level low
alert come on twice and both times I put some...
Forum: VW water cooled June 22nd 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Mister.Lull
Aftermarket stereo

On Jun 21, 9:56 pm, wrote:
> Hey guys i've been reading all your post about the factory stereo in
> the new vw's and had a few questions.
> First im in stalling a new stereo...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
Odd Question - Trying Again

On Jun 11, 11:47 am, Brian Running > wrote:
> > If I wanted to build an enclosure in the trunk of my 2000 Jetta GL
> > that would fit snug up to the rear seats, what would...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
Odd Question - Trying Again

On Jun 11, 9:19 am, "Homer" > wrote:
> "Mister.Lull" > wrote in message

> > If I...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
Odd Question - Trying Again

Hey All,

I asked this question last week, and perhaps I didn't define it well
enough - so I'll try again.

If I wanted to build an enclosure in the trunk of my 2000 Jetta GL
that would fit snug up...
Forum: VW water cooled June 11th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mister.Lull
Here's a Brain-Buster for you!

On Jun 9, 8:27 am, wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 00:13:32 -0000, "Mister.Lull" > wrote:
> >This could possibly be the most obscure question pertaining to this
Forum: VW water cooled June 9th 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mister.Lull
Here's a Brain-Buster for you!

On Jun 8, 5:13 pm, "Mister.Lull" > wrote:
> This could possibly be the most obscure question pertaining to this
> group to-date.
>
> Does anyone know what the angle (measured in...
Forum: VW water cooled June 9th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mister.Lull
Here's a Brain-Buster for you!

This could possibly be the most obscure question pertaining to this
group to-date.

Does anyone know what the angle (measured in degrees) of the rear seat-
backs is?

A ridiculous diagram of the...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
A Quick Question

On May 8, 1:53 pm, " > wrote:
> On May 8, 4:38 pm, "Mister.Lull" > wrote:
>

> > On May 8, 8:18 am, " > wrote:

Forum: VW water cooled May 8th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
A Quick Question

On May 8, 8:18 am, " > wrote:
> On May 8, 11:04 am, "Mister.Lull" > wrote:
>

> > Hi there!
>
> > Unfortunately, I don't have a manual for my...
Forum: VW water cooled May 8th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister.Lull
A Quick Question

Hi there!

Unfortunately, I don't have a manual for my 2000 Jetta GL, 2.0 Manual
- so I have to ask you all this quick question.

Perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the times I start my car (morning, noon,...
Forum: VW water cooled March 27th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Mister.Lull
Question about 99 Passat Wagon radio

On Mar 27, 10:15 am, "Ed Regal" > wrote:
> This one is the stock radio with the cassette deck in it and the VW 6-disk
> player living in the rear where the first aid kit is...
Forum: VW water cooled March 27th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Mister.Lull
Bulletin: 2000 Jetta GL

This is a fantastic vehicle.

....Sorry, it just had to be said.

~Mister.Lull
Forum: VW water cooled September 6th 06, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Mister.Lull
'99 Passat, want new CD player to control OEM 6 disc changer.

I would try some car stereo sites, like cardomain.com (click the
'store' link) or partsexpress.com. Cardomain has a feature where you
can look up stuff by entering your vehicle's information and it...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 06, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Mister.Lull
Owner's Manual Help...

Hi All,

I've recently become the proud owner of a 2000 Jetta GL, and I'm loving
every moment of it so far. The only complaint I have is that the
previous owner evidently threw away the owner's...
Forum: VW water cooled July 17th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Mister.Lull
Help. replaced dead battery, now engine starts but won't run.

To clarify - Say your alternator goes out while you're driving. You
won't notice a thing, because it's simply recharging your battery. So
my guess is that your wife was driving home in the car, and...
Forum: VW water cooled July 17th 06, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Mister.Lull
Help. replaced dead battery, now engine starts but won't run.

I skimmed through your post, so if you checked that and I missed it,
sorry...
What you're describing sounds to me like a dead alternator.
That would account for the dead battery to begin with, as...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25