Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Matt Macchiarolo
Forum: Jeep August 23rd 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Cross posting

Ass. <plonk yet again>

"Archie Leach" > wrote in message
> "DougW" > wrote:
>
>>FrankW...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
broken rear driveshaft

Unless you disconnect the rear driveshaft from the rear axle, your bungee
will eventually wear through and you'll be back at square one.

THe parking pawl shouldn't be affected but there is probably...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Dana35C RIP

Thanks, I found the answer...a set of built axles, 2004 TJL Dana 44/30 with
4.88's. chromoly shafts, and ARB's with low miles on eBay, all for less than
a new Currie 9".

"nrs" >...
Forum: Jeep August 12th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Dana35C RIP

I wasn't specific enough, the carrier is a factory Trac Loc. It's not a
daily driver so it's not critical that I get it fixed right away, this
weekend we'll be taking the Kawasaki Mule to Drummond....
Forum: Jeep August 11th 08, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Dana35C RIP

I'm certain all of the retaining bolt is out. I can see down into the hole
and I even drilled into the cross pin itself.

The carrier might have distorted too. I think the only way that crosspin is...
Forum: Jeep August 11th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
TJ Gas Tank

"dwk" > wrote in message
> While under my 97 TJ I noticed that the gas tank skid pan was badly
> rusted.......my finger went...
Forum: Jeep August 10th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Dana35C RIP

It's taken me nine years but my Dana 35C is finally going belly-up. Went to
the Badlands in July and ever since it started acting up. When I opened it
up I found the cross-shaft pinion gears had...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
OFF TOPIC -> new open carry site

Michigan also has open carry as well, concealed only with a permit.

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> The only surprise...
Forum: Jeep June 25th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 43
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Where do you all post now?

Dave,

Try www.wolverine4wd.org.

Regards

Matt

"Dave" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep January 3rd 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
I can't take it anymore

"ufatbastehd" > wrote in message
> What was a good group is now useless. I only come back to see how long
> this can go on.

I see little has...
Forum: Jeep December 19th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
bright yellow fluid leak !

Any dogs in your neighborhood?

"Fadi" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I have a Jeep TJ 2002 2.5L manual...
Forum: Jeep December 11th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
under engine cover?

I prefer my Jeeps (among other things) with the skirt off.

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> It is usually called a...
Forum: Jeep December 9th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 136
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Jeep Pull

Both had the same gear ratio in trans and axles? Both engines were at the
same RPM? Tire sizes identical?

"Coasty" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep November 7th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 349
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
I'm outta here

I recommend we all gravitate to ramjaw.org.

<Signing off>

"paul" > wrote in message
> True it helps to Block Senders - my...
Forum: Jeep November 7th 07, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 349
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
I'm outta here

That's the thing, he will have considered it a victory but all that will be
left is him and his "posse."

"XS11E" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep November 6th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 349
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
I'm outta here

No, I have my filters & killfiles set and I don't see the tantrums either.
It's just that for the most part there isn't as much meaningful content, and
the hijackers have pretty much ruined this...
Forum: Jeep November 6th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 349
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
I'm outta here

Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer going to waste
my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.

--
---
Matt Macchiarolo

From a recent...
Forum: Jeep October 29th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 92
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Blocking L.W. (Bill) Hughes III from spaming my posts??

Apparently now he's got some sort of autospammer/autotroll program. What a
blatant violator of this groups Charter.

"Fred Garvin" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep October 29th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 92
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
Blocking L.W. (Bill) Hughes III from spaming my posts??

My suggestion is if you don't use a newsreader with a killfile, you get one.
Then you can filter out all of Bill's and his friends' posts, so you'll
never see them again. That won't stop him from...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Pink Freud wrote:

<It's just as easy, and most of us wouldn't mind at all. We're not the
destroyers, we don't continually lose our ISPs, and we have never
destroyed a group. Bill has turned at least...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

I have him and his friends killfiled so I don't see 95% of what they do.
Sometimes I will see what was quoted in someone else's reply, and I see he
didn't fail to prove me right.

"Fred Garvin"...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Fred, you're wasting your time, trying to be reasonable with Bill. He's gone
off the deep end over the last few months. He got into a flame war in
another group and it followed him here. Not to say...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Bill is simply unable to control himself. Just killfile him and your inbox
will be clean. Thank God I did so, so I won't have to see his pathetic "if I
don't respond to every troll, the terrorists...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
VIDEO: JEEP CLIMBS A ROCK

"Climbing" implies he actually got over it. I would describe this as
"mounting" a rock.

> wrote in message
Forum: Jeep October 23rd 07, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 68
Posted By Matt Macchiarolo
VW Overheating

Earle, your recent posts do make you look like you are on your way to
Hughesville. Turn around before it's too late!