Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pop`
Forum: Technology June 22nd 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Pop`
Car Dating

wrote:
> I operate events for single men and women and always have more ladies
> than men. why is this? The ladies who attend my events are
> attractive and intelligent. ...
Forum: Technology June 19th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Pop`
Dials go haywire - car wont start

wrote:
> My elderly mother is here for a visit and we went to take a ride, her
> car wouldn't start. It's an Oldsmobile Calais or something like that,
> I don't know the year,...
Forum: Technology May 30th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Pop`
Jumper Cables hooked up wrong.

deadcar wrote:
> So I hooked my jumper cables up wrong last night in the dark, and
> didn't notice the smoke until after trying to crank the dead
> Mitsubishi Mirage. The car with the good battery...
Forum: Technology May 27th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Pop`
Fast cars

TDR911 wrote:
> Reviews of the fastest, the best and the most pretty cars today...
> Watch videos and learn something about hot 4 wheel beasts
> http://automobnews.blogspot.com

Huh; not a muscle car...
Forum: Technology May 25th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Pop`
Max Tire Pressure?

Steve B. wrote:
>> It seems to me that filling the tire to the *tire mfr's* printed max
>> should be OK, giving me 1. better mpg's 2. perhaps a bumpier ride,
>> and 3. perhaps less traction/longer...
Forum: Technology May 25th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Pop`
Max Tire Pressure?

C. E. White wrote:
> "Ray" > wrote in message
>> C. E. White wrote:
>>> is likely too high. Years ago, manufacturer's usually...
Forum: Technology May 25th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Pop`
Max Tire Pressure?

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> Awl--
>
> I noticed that the recommended tire pressure for a vehicle is usually
> well below the max. printed on the tire.
> For example, on my new Honda Fit, the...
Forum: Technology September 25th 06, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Pop`
Wheels Shimmy after 60 MPH

danalmsa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the 2nd post for my car, and I posted seperately cause I
> believe they are diiferent issues, though I may be wrong. Anyway, my
> car, a 2003 Camry, starts to...
Forum: Technology September 9th 06, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Pop`
weak ignition? (small engine)

George wrote:
> I have an old tiller with a Kohler single-cylinder 4-stroke engine.
> It lost all power (over about 30 secs), and now won't start. Since
> then,
>
> - Replaced spark plug. (Which...
Forum: Technology September 5th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Pop`
dead battery

wrote:
> Here's the best part, its labour day so I can't buy a charger and
> tomorrow the car has to be moved or I get a ticket. This is perfect.
> After 1 hour...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Pop`
Tips and Tricks for Detecting Eavesdropping Devices

Spammer's lies and spam duly reported via Spamcop.net.
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Pop`
Idler Arm!

Someone awhile back was saying they had a shimmy in the steering about 45 -
55 mph. For the life of me I couldn't remember what caused that on two cars
I owned: Now I remember. It was the...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Pop`
Ticking in rear wheel

wrote:
> I have a 2002 Chevy Cavalier and about 2 months after I bought it I
> noticed a ticking coming from one of the rear wheels. I brought it
> back to the dealership and...
Forum: Technology August 14th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Pop`
Repairing Rusty Electrical Connectors

Scott Buchanan wrote:
> Some of the electrical connectors on my '63 Corvair have heavy rust.
> They are plated steel. I can use rust remover to clean them up but
> the bare metal will rust...
Forum: Technology August 14th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech

Homer wrote:
> Scott Buchanan a écrit :
>
>> Some of the electrical connectors on my '63 Corvair have heavy rust.
>> They are plated steel. I can use rust remover to clean them up but
>> the bare...
Forum: Technology August 14th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Pop`
Replace V belt on Sears Riding lawn mower

sunshine wrote:
> We have a new Sears riding lawn tractor that has been broken down more
> than it's worked since we bought it.
>
> first they had to replace the engine (they said) because "someone"...
Forum: Technology August 7th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Pop`
Steering Wheel Shimmy 55-75

wrote:
> Okay so i'm beginning to notice some shimmy in my 00 Pontiac Grand Am
> and i'm running out of ideas as to what it may be...
>
> I figured it was out of balance first...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17