Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: wavy
Forum: Saturn February 26th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By wavy
odometer

On Feb 25, 4:16 pm, "Son_Worshipper" > wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2:19 am, (Alphonse Delgado) wrote:
>
> > i have a 1994 SL1 with 92K miles. the odometer/trip...
Forum: Saturn December 24th 06, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By wavy
Wheel swap

NapalmHeart wrote:
> "lectricmania" > wrote in message
> > P.S. I realize that this is a Saturn group, and my...
Forum: Saturn December 5th 06, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
Saturn 95 sc2, idle dies on me..

BläBlä, sorry about the wrong spelling. I dont know how to make an
"a" with umglots...
If it makes you happy I'll cut & past it.
> BTW it is Bla or Blah, not Blau.

Oh - where is high or open? ...
Forum: Saturn December 5th 06, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
Saturn 95 sc2, idle dies on me..

You're telling me something I knew already, Bob. :-)
I'm the temperature sensor KING, yo!
(I know more about the temperature sensors on 1994 Saturns than
anything else - which I admit really aint...
Forum: Saturn December 4th 06, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
ECM interchangability

Well, its just that Volvo used to have a "reputation" for cars that
lasted forever.
Maybe it was all just a advertising ploy that "worked". I do remember
some ads where they'd tell about some old...
Forum: Saturn December 4th 06, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
Saturn 95 sc2, idle dies on me..

Blau - I have to disagree with you on this one. The ECT sensor goes out
"high" or "open". I dont think they short out. If they did, I'm not
thinking it would make the engine die from slow...
Forum: Saturn December 3rd 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
ECM interchangability

Well how about that? I would have thought if ANYone had sufficiently
done "longevity testing" it would have been the Swedes from Volvo.
ON THE OTHER HAND - My brother used to have an old 240 or...
Forum: Saturn December 3rd 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
Saturn 95 sc2, idle dies on me..

EGR or intake manifold leak would be where I'd start looking.
Just my 1/50 of a dollar
-WaV

JaY wrote:
> When i drive my sc2 the idle goes from 1000rpm down to dead stop,
> expecially when i give...
Forum: Saturn December 3rd 06, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
ECM interchangability

This is strange. I wasnt kidding about actually taking 8 units apart.
Out of 5, BOTH the larger 15 tooth AND the smaller one were broken.
Even the 15 tooth gear on mine fell apart after being...
Forum: Saturn December 2nd 06, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
ECM interchangability

Do you keep them indoors?
Maybe its the Texas climate. Heat gets incredable inside a baking SC2!
(I've measured 160.)

PS. Never never reset the trip odometer while moving. That's what
happened...
Forum: Saturn December 2nd 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By wavy
Engine Cranks but Does not Fire--Fuse Box according to the dealer?

My Gawd! What a RIP OFF!
Please contact the better business bureau and Saturn corporate! This
is awful.
I cannot believe the balls these jerks must have.
A fuse box is simply a plastic box with a...
Forum: Saturn December 1st 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By wavy
ECM interchangability

I hate to sound like a one trick pony.
But I believe the problem is a bad Coolant temperature sensor.
I've had the exact same problem with two consequetive Saturn SC2s.
Thing has been a complete...
Forum: Saturn December 1st 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By wavy
Cracked block?

Yeah - he wrote me in email. Said there's oil in his coolant too.
Definately AT LEAST a bad head gasket - possibly even a crack in the
cylinder head.

NapalmHeart wrote:
> "mac1833"...
Forum: Saturn November 29th 06, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By wavy
1995 SC2 Fog Lights

Noticed some discussion of this item a while back.
I bought a pair on ebay from someone parting out a 95 SC2.
Recently I've found a pair on a Saturn in a local junkyard.
If anyone is interested in...
Forum: Saturn November 29th 06, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By wavy
emissions trouble

While true - I'd be complaining loudly if I had a miss-fire on a little
4 cylinder 1.9 liter engine!
(I own and maintain two SC2 Saturns. Miss-firing is very hard to not
notice.)
The culpability of...
Forum: Saturn November 29th 06, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By wavy
Wheel thump worries - '96 SW2 wagon?

Try this:
In a quiet place with the car parked, bounce the bumpers a little with
your "posterior" and see if you hear the same sound.
I had "The Bongos" a while back and I think I know exactly what...
Forum: Saturn November 29th 06, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By wavy
emissions trouble

Yes, I had the same result when the coolant temperature sensor went
bad.
Replacing it turned my "Fail" into a "Pass".
(I've been through this with both my 94 and 95 SC2 and I've seen this
solve two...
Forum: Saturn November 22nd 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By wavy
FOG lights?

I have two fog lights, one needs replacement (base broken).
Obviously - includes mounting brackets. Rare Item!
Name a price. Contact me on email.

Mike wrote:
> It didnt come with fog...
Forum: Saturn November 6th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By wavy
Decent Carpets?

Yeah - do a search for car carpets on ebay. I found a nice set
of Saturn mats - they'd been cleaned really nicely. -cant think
of the seller right now but they are out there!

Homer Hawgsnott...
Forum: Saturn October 2nd 06, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By wavy
GM10 Trunk Connector to PC?

I'm using a PIE GM10-KNW - best "expensive thingy" ever.
Maybe I'm too critical, but FM modulation JUST DOESNT CUT IT!
I did run into a couple of problems like discovering I had to buy an
extra...
Forum: Saturn September 13th 06, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By wavy
Part Numbers for 1994 Saturn Temperature Sensors

You have replaced all the critical sensors.
You may have, unfortunately overlooked one (improbable?) possibility:
A doa sensor.
They can be damaged during installation! I've seen it.
If you...
Forum: Saturn September 13th 06, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By wavy
Plugs

The widest surface goes side down, against the cylinder head.
You could get it backwards without complications, though.
-WaV

HyperCube33 wrote:
> I feel like a fool when asking but...
> Another...
Forum: Saturn September 6th 06, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By wavy
Thumping Noise Over Bumpy Roads

Try pushing down on the rear of the car while its stopped. "Bounce" it
a while and see if you can get the noise to re-occur. My 95 makes a
noise that sounds a lot like small thumps, but by bouncing...
Forum: Saturn September 6th 06, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By wavy
Part Numbers for 1994 Saturn Temperature Sensors

Dont worry about the 'single contact' sensor.
It only provides the varying resistance for the dial on dash - nothing
else.
If your indicator is malfunctioning - this is it's sensor, but the
'signal' ...
Forum: Saturn September 6th 06, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By wavy
Collision

Uh - that was a reletive simile. I didnt mean to convey I believed it
was actually "totalled" or to imply that it should be. I'm guessing it
was expensive - that's all.

Ray Cassick (Home) wrote:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64