Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: my_two_cent
Forum: Mazda March 18th 08, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By my_two_cent
Miata coupe in 2010?

On Feb 13, 12:47 pm, Scott Streeter > wrote:
> http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-planning-mx-5-coupe-for-the-us.html
>
> --

The only thing I would like better than the ragtop or...
Forum: Mazda March 16th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By my_two_cent
Is there such a thing as an automatic transmission modulatorvalve?

On Mar 11, 8:29 am, my_two_cent > wrote:

> I like the advice to pull off the vacuum line and swab for ATF. I'll
> do that first.
>
> I've ordered the replacement and will get it...
Forum: Mazda March 11th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Mar 9, 10:38 am, "Ken Lyons" > wrote:
> "my_two_cent" > wrote> Folks;
>

> There is a "vacuum diaphragm" on the U.S. driver's side of the...
Forum: Mazda March 9th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By my_two_cent
Is there such a thing as an automatic transmission modulator valve?

Folks;

I'm having a problem with automatic transmission fluid getting into my
cylinders and burning. It happens only occasionally, but in reading
about other cars, the advice is to replace the...
Forum: Mazda November 15th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By my_two_cent
Groaning noise from rear suspension

On Nov 13, 3:46 pm, wrote:

> Why not take the rear sway bar off and see if the noise goes away?
> Actually, just disconnect the end links would work fine.
>
> I haven't bother...
Forum: Mazda November 12th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By my_two_cent
Groaning noise from rear suspension

Hello again, all my Miata friends;

My 96 M Edition started making a groaning noise recently, from the
rear of the car. You can place your hand on the body just above either
rear wheel and press...
Forum: Mazda August 17th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 23
Posted By my_two_cent
Top Replacement

On Aug 9, 3:28 am, mdginzo > wrote:
> On Aug 7, 6:47 pm, "Ephar" > wrote:
>
> I just replaced my top with a Robbins no-zip glass window top.
> However the...
Forum: Mazda August 17th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By my_two_cent
Rear window browning

On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, "Frank Berger" > wrote:
> I had previously posted that after more than 10 years, despite not
> protecting my rear window, there was no sign of browning....
Forum: Mazda July 12th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By my_two_cent
Like your Jiffy Lube?

On Jul 3, 5:01 pm, Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> At least 55 lb-ft, apparently, though I wasn't especially happy to find
> that out. Another question might be "how many times...
Forum: Mazda April 18th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By my_two_cent
NYT says Miata "gay by design"?

Folks;

See http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/fashion/12cars.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
for the whole story, but the gist of it is that some cars are seen as
"gay" and the Miata is one of them. Other gay...
Forum: Mazda December 24th 06, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By my_two_cent
It was the PCV valve [was Occasional puffs of oil smoke from tailpipe]

I changed the oil to a 10W40 from a 10W30 and it helped the valve
clatter a bit, but not the smoke, so I ordered an OEM PCV valve from
GoMiata and replaced it and -- no more smoke.

So that is one...
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 06, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By my_two_cent
Mazda Miata parts dealer online?

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> There are some dealers online, trussvillemazda.com, finishlineperformance.com,
> mazdasouth.com (?) But while they may have bigger selections, they too often
> need to...
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 06, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> Can you give us your opinion of the rough number of parts a dealer would
> need to keep in stock to be able to immediately replace any failed part
> in every factory...
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 06, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By my_two_cent

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Need more info:
> How many miles on the engine?
> What's the farthest you've driven without changing the oil?
> What was the most oil you've ever added between changes?
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 06, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By my_two_cent
Mazda Miata parts dealer online?

I have a local Mazda dealer that refuses to sell me simple parts
without ordering them. The excuse is that they don't have the parts in
stock, but I'm sure their own mechanics have everything they...
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 06, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By my_two_cent
Occasional puffs of oil smoke from tailpipe

I'm getting occasional puffs of bluish smoke from the tailpipe of my 96
Miata 1.8L.

I replaced the PCV valve, which I know can cause smoking if it fails. I
also put clamps on both ends of the hose...
Forum: Mazda July 4th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13
Posted By my_two_cent
Possible/adviseable to replace plastic window with glass?

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Yes, several vendors offer replacement rear curtains with glass windows.
> But they're not much cheaper than an entire new top, the installation
> labor is more (since the...
Forum: Mazda July 2nd 06, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 13
Posted By my_two_cent
Possible/adviseable to replace plastic window with glass?

I have a '96 Miata with a tan top that is really in excellent
condition, but the plastic rear window is getting yellow and cloudy and
now it has a small tear in it.

Could I replace the plastic...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18