Showing results 1 to 25 of 412
Search took 4.03 seconds.
Forum: Driving November 12th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
VA wants to tax by the mile

On Nov 9, 8:07*pm, Brent P > wrote:

> You missed my point. Without tax incentives the market for electric cars
> evaporates. Their higher price, limited range,...
Forum: Driving November 10th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
VA wants to tax by the mile

On Nov 7, 10:21*pm, Brent P >
wrote:
> On 2008-11-08, > wrote:
>
> > If a fuel tax is used to fund the roads, the conversion to...
Forum: Driving November 8th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
VA wants to tax by the mile

On Nov 7, 10:52*am, Larrybud > wrote:
> Brent P > wrote :

Forum: Driving November 7th 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
VA wants to tax by the mile

On Nov 3, 9:50*pm, Brent P > wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/25/2585.asp
>
> They think the fuel tax is being eaten away by inflation, well maybe
> they...
Forum: Driving November 6th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Speed cameras cause panic braking....

On Oct 31, 10:39*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:

>>in the areas I get to observe, they had no reason to be going that
>> fast. (flame suit ON).
>
> Other than getting where they are...
Forum: Driving November 4th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 3, 2:03*pm, Jim Yanik > wrote:

> like RedLightCameras(RLCs),people are not even aware they've been
> "captured" until weeks after the infraction,when the ticket arrives in...
Forum: Driving November 4th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 3, 1:22*pm, Larrybud > wrote:
> wrote .
> com:
>
> > On Nov 1, 1:14*pm, Nate Nagel...
Forum: Driving November 3rd 08, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 1, 10:07*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Most of the crashes that make the news involve any/all of youth,
> alcohol, late nights, and extreme high speeds which is not what...
Forum: Driving November 3rd 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 1, 1:14*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> ...and since when were speed cameras so located and marked so that
> drivers had a decent amount of time to identify the camera and...
Forum: Driving November 1st 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Speed cameras cause panic braking....

On Oct 31, 11:27*pm, Brent P >
wrote:

> > I have to drive through speed camera zones somewhat frequently.
> > Since I usually drive at approximately the posted...
Forum: Driving November 1st 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By [email protected]
Speed cameras cause panic braking....

On Oct 31, 10:17*am, Brent P >
wrote:

> Simple control systems logic would show that the attempt to control
> becomes another input to the system, yet control...
Forum: Driving November 1st 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Always replace headlights in pairs - HAHAHA

On Oct 31, 6:23*pm, The Real Bev > wrote:

> I've heard that new halogen headlights cost $thousands to replace.
> Could this possibly be true?

I think what might cost...
Forum: Driving September 6th 08, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Parking Lot Question

On Sep 4, 10:37*am, Larrybud > wrote:
> ChrisCoaster > wrote in
> @l64g2000hse.googlegroups.
> com:
>
> > In the...
Forum: Driving July 28th 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
observations on left-lane rolling

On Jul 19, 2:05 pm, not much of anyone > wrote:
> (heh - rolling - no, I don't mean rolling joints - I do that before I
> leave home).
>
> But seriously folks, I often find myself...
Forum: Driving July 8th 08, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Things that must be hard to live down

On Jul 7, 11:22 am, Ad absurdum per aspera >
wrote:
> Coming over a hill on a four-lane divided highway in the boondocks, I
> saw that at the crest of the next hill was an RV at...
Forum: Driving July 3rd 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
People Renting U-Haul Trucks and Refilling Gas Tank w Water

On Jun 30, 7:07 pm, Harold Burton > wrote:

> > In my case, they rented me a truck with half a tank. I forgot to
> > check when I took off...
>
> Your stupidity is not our...
Forum: Driving July 1st 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
People Renting U-Haul Trucks and Refilling Gas Tank w Water

On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, (Matthew T. Russotto)
wrote:
> In article >,
>
> OneTwoThree > wrote:
>
> >"Bill...
Forum: Driving June 6th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Governor Of Montana

On Jun 4, 2:09 pm, Dave Head > wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:59:58 -0700 (PDT), Studemania >
> wrote:
>

> >On Jun 4, 12:03 pm, Dave Head >...
Forum: Driving June 4th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
For best gas mileage, how full should the tank be?

On Jun 1, 8:02 pm, scottsoperson > wrote:
> the high gas prices are great for the dem party.
>
> On Jun 1, 9:50 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:45:08...
Forum: Driving May 29th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Slow down a little, save a lot of gas

On May 26, 7:54 pm, Brent P >
wrote:
> On 2008-05-27, Alexander Rogge > wrote:

Forum: Driving May 5th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.usa.congress,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
The Ship Turns

On May 3, 7:11 pm, Mitchell Holman > wrote:

> So why aren't oil companies building any new refineries?

Typically, because no one wants one anywhere nearby. Since there...
Forum: Driving April 25th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Turning truck driver stops SUV

On Apr 23, 10:11 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Alexander Rogge > wrote in news:677pb9F2o46htU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
> > I saw...
Forum: Driving April 11th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Replies: 71
Posted By [email protected]
Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - WON'T BECHARGED!!

On Apr 10, 12:49 am, wrote:

> In any case, we now agree that the pre-flight checklist includes
> ensuring one has sufficient fuel, as I claimed a couple of posts back.

We never...
Forum: Driving April 9th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Apr 7, 1:03 am, wrote:

> > Pre-flight checklists have the pilot verify fuel in the tanks. Now he
> > knows how much he has.
>
> Fair enough, there isn't an item on the...
Forum: Driving April 7th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking